This task builds on and can overlap with Task 1′s identification of local leadership. For Task 2, some of the strongest mitigation plans:
- Involved and listed a wide range of stakeholders and documented why they were included
- Clearly identified who led the planning process
- Used a wide range of methods toinvolve the public in the planning process
- Had a well organized and well documented multi-jursisdictional planning team
- Included a clear mission and vision statement that guide the plan
- Reviewed their community’s previous plan
- Clearly defined and documented the planning team’s responsibilities
Each of these practices would strengthen your community’s plan and planning process.
Task 2 Requirements
The plan must document how it was prepared and who was involved in the planning process for each jurisdiction. This must include the schedule or timeframe and activities that made up the plan’s development.
The plan must identify all planning team members and stakeholders who were involved or given an opportunity to be involved in the planning process, including the agency/organization and the person’s position or title within the agency.